Thursday, March 10, 2005

Welcome to my world...

I didn't want to start a blog, I really didn't. It's absolute nerd fodder, another non-work related distraction that my firm won't appreciate, and a waste of time. But Vyner and Greggo and now Raftis have got one and by Christ I didn't want to feel left out. Actually, the most appealing factor would more be the chance to vent in relative anonymity, which I think will be quite cathartic, if the wrong people don't read this. And how will they unless I give them the link? Exactly.

I don't even know what I'm going to put in here, maybe I'm going to start by having a bitch about the world in general…..

Five things that annoy the shit out of me:
  1. Radio stations putting those doofed up 80's classics on high rotation, and the DJ's/Artists (whatever they want to be called - pill popping dole bludgers is a more apt moniker I reckon) for "creating them". Yeah right, if you want to "create" - do something fucking original. Leave the 80's where it should be - in the downstairs "retro room" of any dodgy nightclub where middle aged divorcee's with black lacy see-through tops drink Bacardi Breezers and dance around handbags.
  2. The way any bloke in a uniform/suit gets under my skin and in my head so easily. Sweeeet.
  3. People who cough forcefully and grimace when they walk past as you're having a fag. If it bothers you, fuck off away from me.
  4. "Funny" greeting cards. Birthday cards aren't funny. If you care enough about the person to give them a card, don't fuck it up by trying to make it amusing. It's not. Same goes with Anniversaries, Christmas and Births. If you've got enough sense not to even contemplate a "hilarious" card extending your sympathies at the loss of someone's loved one, why would that change for any other significant event?
  5. Pixie chicks with Pixie chick attitudes. Good luck to you if you can wear short denim and hankies in place of tops, but don't let it define you. And eat something for Chrissake.


That's all I can think of this morning, although it's definitely not the end of things that annoy me. I'm sure I'll think of some more later…


Comments:
fucking briyant mate
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]