Friday, May 27, 2005

He's just not what????

I'm a big fan of books, and I read a lot. I tend to buy a couple of books at a time to keep me going. I just go to K-Mart, or Big W, as they're cheaper there. I've got a great book collection (or library, some might say), however I'm starting to expand my literary interests from trashy chick-lit (which I will not hear a bad word against - it has it's place), into other genres of the publishing world. Which is how it came to be that last night I was standing in the book aisle of my local K-Mart, and decided to give in and purchase a book which has been niggling at me for some months, and which I had been steadfastly refusing to buy.


"He's Just Not That Into You"


Now, I've not previously been a 'self-help' girl. I don’t think there's much that can be gained from reading one of those publications that can't be done by drinking a bottle of vodka with your girlfriends. But with the events of recent times, I felt that maybe something could be gained from reading this widely-acclaimed grrrrrl power book.

Now, I'm only a few chapters in, so hardly able to wax lyrical with any authority on this book's contents, but I thought I'd share one quote with you which has already, to me, proved that this was $14.25 well spent.

"The word 'busy' is a load of crap, and most often used by assholes. The word 'busy' is the Relationship Weapon of Mass Destruction".

Oh Lordy. BIG revelation for me. The more I think about it, the truer it is. Basically, what the book is saying is that if a bloke is really into you, there are very little valid excuses of why he can't see you. Family members dying, legs cut off, that sort of thing. A bloke should be absolutely gagging to see you, if he's the right one for you. To summarise, if there's any hint of hesitation of committing to see you, then 'he's just not that into you' and you should respect yourself, regain the control, move on and find someone who is that into you. Because every woman is wonderful, sexy, beautiful and deserving of someone special who isn't going to have any problems or hang-ups, or pretend time constraints.

I'll keep you posted on the rest of the book

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]