Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Sore Sore Sore

Weekend of nothingness pretty much. The highlight - the lovely ladies came around on Friday to feast on some husband-snaring risotto and yummy cheesecake and cans and special smokes. Funniest moment - attempting to put a doona cover on Mandy's doona whilst completely off my tree and bumping heads with Mandy in the process, akin to some completely slap-stick move which at the time rendered us breathless with laughter.

Saturday I went back to the gym after a lengthy period of abstinence and did an hour of cardio, at the end of which I was sweating like a bastard, but it felt good. Then met up with my mum for lunch, which at the time seemed to be a perfectly reasonable idea. Except we had dodgy Chinese, resulting in me being quite crook with stomach pains for the rest of the day, which meant I had to raincheck on the Sheppidy night out with Mandy and co. So I spent the afternoon and indeed evening (how very sad) reading the papers and walking gingerly around the house.

Was fine Sunday morning, went back to the gym again for another hour of cardio. Did not feel any fitter from the day before, indeed pulled up from the Saturday session a bit tight in the legs, which was exacerbated by yesterday's efforts. Having trouble walking straight today, which should make for a fun game of netball tonight. (Foot has seemingly recovered from last week so will be playing). Did more reading of the papers yesterday, enjoying the sunshine outside, smoking and drinking coffee. Made the fart soup again in my renewed request to re-lose the weight I've put back on (weighed myself on Saturday morning and nearly cried - in the last 2 months I've put back on 5 of the 16kgs I lost last year). Made a great salad for dinner and settled in to watch the tele. 60 Minutes had a story about a 35 year study which tracked children of divorced parents and how they were effected, the broad results being that blokes of divorced parents tended to be very wary of relationships and avoided commitment, and girls threw themselves into relationships much more freely than they should. Makes a bit of sense.

Cricket boy texted me last night to tell me he's going back to Tas earlier than expected - Tuesday. He said he wanted to keep in touch (I presume this is in case he ever comes back and wants some sexy time). I told him to take care. Am going to delete his number.

No list making yet, but will aim to do so this week. Birthdays are good for that - similar to New Years - I get all motivated and re-evaluate how shitty I feel about my life and what I want to do to change all that. Invariably it starts with 'Give up smoking' which is one thing I honestly can't see happening, because it's my prime coping mechanism. One day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]