Wednesday, February 22, 2006

And the score is Lurrrve all

So tonight I am due to play tennis again for my firm's team. I played a couple of weeks ago but I had some killer blisters due to poor sock choice a few days prior and thus was more useless than usual, being in lots of pain every time I tried to go for a shot. Not much fun, and we lost to boot (may I point out that it wasn't alll my fault).

Today, however, I am blister free and raring to go. Apart from the fact that it is 34 degrees outside and will probably remain at that temperature for a while yet.

Tennis is not really my sport, I must say. I've played for a number of years and still haven't quite gotten the hang of it. Prior to any given game I'm envisaging this;
And afterwards it's usually more like this;

But after having a hit on the weekend and changing the way I hold the racquet (you don't even want to know how my old grip was), I'm feeling a little bit better about it all. In addition to the fact that my feet are wholly together, I'm quietly confident that I may, indeed, not make a complete mockery of my firm's reputation.

Bring it on, etc.


Comments:
Hi,

I found your blog pretty interesting....and fun to read....Had a good time reading your blog...
 
Mmmkay
 
I thought that was going to be spam
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]