Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's tough livin' in da hood

Since acquiring my brilliant new mobile (yahuh, it's a flip phone, that's so hott. Note the double 'T' - I believe that makes it hotter) with built-in MP3 player, I have spent a lot of time scouring the net in order to find and download legally purchase some tunes so when I take the poochie for her walks I can listen to music to motivate/occupy/distract me from the mundaneness. Here is my playlist at the moment;


Now, apart from the inclusion of Shakira, what bothers you about this list? I'll tell you what bothered me when I realised it - the heavy inclusion of gansta rap. WTF am I doing? I'm a middle class white girl living in rural Australia, not a booty shaker from the ghetto. I don't have an affinity with the lyrics (apart from being busted with a cap in the ass by some homies for entering their cripp uninvited, but whatevs), I especially don't like that the music promotes violence and suggests the objectification of women. But I really really do like listening to it when I'm walking. And doing the housework.


It's a mystery.


Walked for with Lucy and Pom last night, we went down and around the lake, and home again. Took us 80 minutes and I was absolutely knackered when I got back. Lucy was hot and bothered also, but alleviated this by plonking herself on the sprinkler, which was very cute. I'll post the photos at a later stage.


Also enrolled for Uni yesterday, which was exciting. Wasn't so excited when I was advised that the course doesn't offer any lectures or tutorials outside of business hours. Holy feck. So I tentatively enrolled in two, literature and psychology, before slinking back into the office and explaining my dilemma. The course requires me to be out of the office for 5 paid hours per week, and I've proposed to make up this time by starting an hour earlier each morning. This works for me of course, because Pom starts work at 6am and so getting up and to the office earlier isn't a problem. In fact, having an entire hour of time without the distraction of the phone or clients is quite a enticing idea, however it is in the hands of the Gods (we call them partners) as to whether they allow it. Really, I can't see why it would pose too much of a problem, but then my thinking isn't entirely unbiased.


Fingers crossed.


Comments:
I know what you mean about the music, I only ever listen to R&B/gangsta rap shit when I need to clean the house. I'll be hoovering away and find myself singing along to 'yeh, fuck that bitch' or some other horrible lyrics. It quite amuses me though.

Good luck with the course. Have you bought any new pens/notebooks/folders yet?
 
There's a part in 'Gold digger' which I am sure everyone knows, which says "We want Pre-nup". I find it a physical impossibility not to do the 'raise the roof' action when the song arrives at this line. Which is fine if I'm washing dishes or making the bed.

Not so cool if I'm walking down the main street.

Back-to-school (7 years after I last went) shopping is in the early planning stages at the moment. I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that our home office is going to require a complete re-vamp and thus I shall be pillaging Officeworks at some stage in the near future.

*breathes slowly into a brown paper bag*
 
Cool, when you say re-vamp what do you envisage? I am excited by this prospect. POM :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]