Friday, February 24, 2006

An ode to a love, no longer

Oh my lovely Yahoo Bar
I've watched you from afar
Every day at work, you see
I've looked across the road at you, and you've looked right back at me.

It's been a good two years,
since I've stepped inside your door
and ordered from your groovy bar
Until I could drink no more

Alas, last night we broke the drought
We asked for vodka and Mr D's
On a mission to be pissed, there was no doubt
And every few minutes - "3 more please"

I sat upon your fetid couch
Which stank of smoke and sweat
I didn't want the fabric to touch my hair
Close to the edge as I could get

We talked and laughed and smoked and drank
And drank and smoked some more
We observed the tiny denim skirts
On babies playing whore

The other boys and girls were far too young
I felt old in my manner
wanting to tell them to go home to bed
I really am a nanna

And so, this is it oh Yahoo Bar
My lovely dingy friend
At 24 I'm past my prime
Our relationship must end

I will remember you in my heart
Until my days are done
But feeling like I'm 55
Isn't all that fun



Now, anyone got a Neurophen?


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]