Thursday, March 02, 2006

The latest adventure from Lucy, the would-be escapee

I popped home this morning very quickly to pick something up. I went out the back to give some quick cuddles to the poochies, when I noticed Lucy had something stuck to her face, near her eye. I went to pull it away and she yelped. Which is when I realised it was skin, and she had two gashes on her face. I thought it was because her and Max had been playfighting, and there's such a size difference that it'd gotten a bit out of hand. I decided that apart from the gashes, she looked fine, and I had to get back to work, so I would come back at lunchtime and have a proper look.

So heading back out to my car, the neighbour-from-the-other-side-who-we-haven't-met meets me on my front lawn and explained that at 2am this morning, she had been woken up by the sounds of "a dog in distress". She had gotten her oldest son, and a torch, and gone down the backyard to investigate. They peeked over the fence into the yard which backs onto theirs (sort of diagonal to ours, but sort of not) and saw my darling stuck in a fence. She's extremely timid by nature anyway, so as soon as she's seen the torch she's been forced to free herself, cutting her face on the jagged tin in the process.

I would usually probably not worry about her injuries too much, seeing as though they seem fairly superficial, but the gashes are quite close to her eye so I've booked in to take her to the vet tonight after work. Just in case they get infected or abscessy etc and somehow spread to her eye (okay, I'm being over-cautious, but I'd hate for something to go really wrong. I'd feel so guilty). Actually I already feel guilty enough as it is, because I didn't hear her distress cries last night, and I should've.

She's looking suitably sheepish/sorry for herself, and will no doubt wee on the vet's floor tonight as she always does (people she doesn't know scare her).

Will have to lavish her with more affection than normal, if possible.

x

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]