Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sooky time

Okay, so vet visit completed. Diagnosis? A bad case of an over-protective mum. The vet humoured me by putting some yellowish antiseptic solution on the wounds, and cutting some scraggy excess skin off, but she's fine. Apparently, however, my dog is fat. FAT? I was so pleased that whilst at the farm she'd put on some weight (exactly 8.2kg as we found out tonight), but the vet said she didn't have a defined waist. Should I be putting a corset on her? Are we in the 1930's? Are 'defined waists' desirable traits in a dog? I was completely unaware, she just looks beautiful to me. Then the vet felt around a bit, screwed up her nose and said "Oh, actually, I can easily feel her ribs, maybe she's not fat. Maybe she's just a funny shape".
A funny shape.
Hmmmphh.
Anyway, Lucy also caught up on a vaccination, did a little wee on the floor when the vet first tried to come near her and then plied all and sundry with sooky looks to ensure receipt of those treats in the bowl in the examination room.
However, I did take a photo so I can share why I deemed it necessary to take her to the vet (aside from to be told my dog is a fatty fatty boombah).

1, 2, 3, Awwwwwww


Comments:
Awwwwww! I hope you covered her ears up when the vet said she might be a funny shape. Don't want the girl to get a complex!
She looks perfectly dog-shaped to me...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]