Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend in review - Diagnosis - Boring.


Friday: Everyone was at the pub for St Patrick's Day celebrations. A couple of glasses of champagne were consumed in the office after work. Went home, had a nice relaxing bath (plus Who magazine, bless), got changed and put some make-up on. Sat down on the couch, realised I really didn't want to go out. Turned phone on silent, watched some tele. Pom came home a while later quite Guinessed up, but I didn't feel as though I'd missed out on much. Strange.

Saturday: Amongst other things, we went down to mum's place in the afternoon. Played some tennis, Pom sorted out mum's Internet connection and we were treated to a lamb roast for dinner. My mum makes an excellent roast, bless her. Got home at about 10pm, realised that Lucy was not in attendance at the house. Sigh. I went out the front and started whistling and calling her name, to which I was answered with a lot of frantic whimpering. She had tried to escape via the same method as last time (yucky face cuts time) and couldn't get back again. Rescue operation ensued, which involved me racing down a narrow gap between the fence and the shed (strewn with trees and other miscellaneous crap and with no light source to guide my path) and Pom climbing a fence to pass her back through to our yard. I can honestly understand how mothers are apparently momentarily able to lift a car off their injured child - when I heard Lucy crying it just ripped through my heart like nothing else.

We also watched 'Somersault'. Lovely film.

Sunday: Grocery shopping. Spent an inordinate amount at the Butcher. Mmmmm….meat. I also assisted in the choosing of a coffee table also which Pom then assembled in the afternoon. It's a nice one, really big with a shelf underneath and then two big drawers where I can store my television watching crap. Nail polish, moisturiser etc so I can be somewhat constructive when I am watching tele. Made myself sit down and do some study, as the 'making myself do 300 hours of study every single day' plan isn't really going to….ermmm…..plan. Cooked trout (with lemon, a little butter and my first use of the herb garden - coriander) and salad for dinner. It was nice, but the pieces of fish were both so small that we were forced to consume an entire wedge of Edam with crackers whilst watching 'Lost in Translation' later that evening to sate our hunger.

'Lost in Translation' was a really beautiful film. I was surprised about it because I don't usually enjoy American cinema very much. Bill Murray was exquisite and Scarlett Johannsen was perfect in her role also. I was suitably moved - not an easy feat.

Weekend: 3 potatoes.

My Film Choice: 5 monkeys.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]