Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Why is it

That every time I eat meat at the moment, I think about what the animal would have looked like when it was alive, whether it lead a happy/short/reasonably spanned life, then get sad and decide that after this meal, I will become a vegetarian. Because, after all, it would be a waste if I didn't eat what was on my plate, that would mean that the lamb/pig/cow would have died in vain.
Then I completely forget about the whole thing until the next time I'm biting into the tender thigh of a once-clucking chicken and I get sad all over again.
I wish it would stop, it's really ruining meal time.

Comments:
After spending most of my life so far as a veggie, I have been reformed and probably wouldn't turn back at the moment. I really don't consider the animal when I am eating meat just what nutrients and goodness I am absorbing through eating the stuff. I don't pay any attention to the animals life whatsoever. But I love dogs and I swerve to avoid hitting potential roadkill. The butchering standards in the western world are pretty good, I drove past a crowd of Arabs once in some middle eastern country, celebrating the last day of Eid, they had a cow on its back with its legs tied together and they were sawing away at its throat so that it bled nicely to death, in keeping with the tradition of Halal Meat, that shit is cruel, Bacon Sandwiches aren't. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]