Wednesday, May 03, 2006

There's such a thing as too keen

So this morning the alarm goes off at 5am, as per usual. Only this time, the radio actually woke me up instead of infiltrating my early-morning sleep, leading me to dream in the format of music video-clips.

"Get up! Get up! We're going for a walk"

Pom forces his eyes open "Really?"

"Yes! Come on, let's go!"

"Are you making coffee?"

"Okay. But you have to get up"

"Mmmhmmhmmm okay, in a sec". He closes his eyes again.

"No, NOW! We're going for a walk!"

5.25am, Lucy is harnessed up, we're wrapped in fleecy jumpers and wiping sleep from our eyes (Or 'ducks', as my nanna used to call it. Still not sure why).

We start to walk.

It starts to rain.

It wasn't even good rain, the kind of rain which would give me an excuse to turn around and go back home. It was a weak drizzle which drove down at an angle, resulting in only one side of my head getting wet.

I was stiff from just getting out of an electric-blanket heated bed. Pom was amazed that I was actually up and active at that hour. Lucy was simply excited that she was being taken for 2 walks in less than 12 hours, and nearly dragged me off my feet a couple of times.

We walked for an hour, around the lake and home again. When we got in the door, I was knackered.

I still am knackered. It's past 3pm now.

Lesson learned.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]