Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Last night was great for the following reasons;


Went to the gym after work and introduced a colleague to the wonderful world of Bodypump, a world to which I am re-addicted. Left the gym with jelly-legs and tons of energy. Colleague is not happy with me today on account of her not being able to move without pain. I am yet to advise her that tomorrow will be worse.

Headed out to dinner with Pom, something that we don't do very often nowadays. We met up with two other couples, being A & A, and A & R. The three A's are all the same name which proved a slight challenge.

We had a lovely, lovely meal. Starting with tapas, of which I just wanted more and more. Tapas is God's gift to the indecisive. I had atlantic salmon for my main, which was sensational. I won't even try to describe the dish, it was complex and yet beautifully simple at once. We all shared bottles of Shiraz throughout, which was perfect. We finished by with communal cheese platters, and as we all know, cheese is my weakness. It was delectable. The wine made everybody happy, the beautiful food made everyone content, and I got to know A & A better, as I didn't really know them well before last night. They're getting married in England early next year and were telling us of their plans. It made me sad that they aren't able to have a legally recognised ceremony in this country, but as one of the A's is a pom she was okay because it means her friends and family can be there. Pom and pom-A talked soccer and England. I talked dogs-as-substitute-children with the other A in that couple. We have organised a play-date for Lucy and their beloved pooch. We all talked about being healthy and fit and all agreed that our love of food and drink prevented us from attaining this as a lifestyle. We organised a Australia -v- Croatia breakfast at A & R's house. Juice and pancakes and bbq'd animal products at 5am on Friday. I can't bloody wait.

Got home at a reasonable hour, Lucy seemed happier. I put this down to telling her that I'd blogged about how sad she was and that her Aunty Jen hoped she would be ok soon. She was doing some tail wagging and wanting to snuggle last night.

I didn't dream of her dying.

Happy times.

x

Comments:
mate, i am glad that lucy is happy again. glad to see that a world cup bbq is being organised for an ungodly hour, thats very australian!
 
kymmy just because your not at work doesn't mean that you can stop blogging.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]