Friday, June 30, 2006

Progression...



Pom and I made our first non-edible joint purchase last night. How exciting!

It was this:


That's right bitches, Family Guy Season Four.

Too. Good.


At the counter of the store we were making this purchase from last night I tried remember if we'd bought anything else together. At first I thought maybe we'd jointly purchased Li-Li (who, by the way, LIVES ON), and then recalled that I'd paid for Li-Li and Pom had bought the pot she lives in. So not a joint purchase as such.


So I did a bit of a mental recount of goods purchased since we moved in together all those years (six months) ago…..


Washing Machine - Pom.


Wine Glasses - Me.


Lounge Suite - Pom.


Kick-arse frypans - Me.


Dining Setting - Pom.


Cute stained glass candle-holder thingos on our mantlepiece - Me.


George Foreman Grill - Pom.


Potato peeler (first and second one after first one was accidentally thrown out with scraps) - Me.


DVD player - Pom.


Roasting dish WITH rack - Me.


Television - Pom.


Plastic microwavable egg-poacher doodad - Me.


Verdict -


Pom has bought a lot of stuff.


I am pox.


However, I have put a fridge on lay-by (which also sounds pox, but I didn't have enough for it and it was on sale and I couldn't miss out etc etc) and it's a 512L bottom-stacked Westinghouse and it will kick arse. When I have paid it off. And also, I had heaps of stuff when we moved into the house, and Pom had a backpack of clothes, so we're more on par than it would appear.


End of Financial Year hassles are over for another 12 months. We made budget, the powers that be will be happy, and the champagne is on them. Which may result us in not getting a pay-rise this year. Who knows.


I'm about 20 minutes away from laying on my couch in my pyjama's watching Family Guy and eating M&M's for dinner. Can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.


Hope you have a good weekend too.


Comments:
the difference that i see is that you have bought lots of kitchen stuff kymmy and pom has bought hard furniture. kitchen/cooking purchases which are such more exciting.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]