Monday, July 31, 2006

4 Sleeps to go...

I feel a tad juvenile counting down to things using integers of 'sleeps', but I have done so since I can remember. Upon further contemplation, if I were to say, indulge in a short nanna-nap in the afternoon, and in addition to my normal nightly rest, this would not reduce the amount of time between now and the impending exciting event even though the amount of 'sleeps' had would be increased, and therefore technically reduce the amount of sleeps remaining. But it's best not to think about these things too much, as I confuse myself quite easily.

There are four sleeps to go until Pom and I welcome the newest member of our family to our warm and inviting/pretty cold but filled with love home.

Note:
I am not pregnant and just haven't told anyone until now. Although, after an evening downing sipping champagne and/or a big pasta meal, my belly could be said to be telling otherwise.

I am going to give some terribly cryptic clues which have taken me forever to think up, and then between now and four sleeps away you can guess who our new housemate will be (Jen, you only get three sleeps to guess because by the time you have four sleeps, the countdown will be over. Plus, you're in Ireland and I'm jealous and thus have very little sympathy when it comes to your time difference issues).

She is fluffy.


(Hint: Not a cloud)


She has a motor which sounds like a winning souped -up V8 at Springnats.


(Hint: Not actually a car)


She was (and sort of still is until Friday) on 'death row'


(Hint: Not a serial killer. Except hopefully of mice)


Pom is very possibly allergic to her.


(Hint: Not pollen)


Okay, I'm shit at being cryptic.

But still - Eeeeeeek!


Comments:
i'm envious! your getting a kitten! how cool. not as good as a lamb, but v.good nonetheless.
 
A lamb? I'm not sure the landlord would appreciate a little sheepy running around our backyard....and I dislike picking up Lucy's little 'presents' from the lawn enough without having to run around collecting sheep poo - can you imagine how long that would take? Hahaha...
 
A lamb, It would save having to cut the lawn.. Just a thought.....
 
lambs are a present from god. they are so cute and cuddly, but a kitten is too.
 
carn kimmy, its thurs now. u must have been doing something for the past four days. whats the new addition to the family (ie kitty)'s name?
 
No more sleeps!

Agnes is coming home today!

Thats right, I said Agnes.

Yeah.
 
yay! very cute name. old fashioned.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]