Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Question Time

Why is it that when I go to the supermarket I always choose the checkout lane where one or more of the following happens;
  1. The person in front of me forgets their pin number.
  2. The person in front of me has their card declined.
  3. Price Check.
  4. Conversation between checkout operator and customer about the virtues of salt-reduced butter/weather/Auskick training for the kids.
  5. Customer whose items are mostly scanned forgets something in aisle 24 and will be back in 'just a sec'.
  6. Checkout chick puts up 'this lane is closing sign' as soon as I park my trolley.
  7. Checkout chick has to wait for change bag to be returned.


I swear on Jebus' grave (or cross perhaps?), a minimum of one of the above things happens to me, at least 90% of the time I visit the Supermarket. It's like I have some sort of checkout default aura about me. Whichever lane I pick, EVEN IF I SWAP LANES AT THE LAST MOMENT, something will bugger up.

I think I need some sort of spell to relieve me of this curse. White candles, yellow ribbon and toenail clippings anyone?


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]