Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Random


Weekend shoe-shopping went off with a "I can't believe I just bought five new pairs of shoes at once ooooooooooh they're all so cute AND CHEAP lets go and eat really heavy creamy pasta on Lygon Street and be charmed by an old Italian waiter with dodgy teeth" bang. I do like Melbourne, I must admit. I like it more now than I did when I lived there. But I also like just taking day trips/weekends and knowing I'll be coming home to a place where trips to the supermarket to buy milk don't require an hour blocked out of my day, or being lazy by driving everywhere because parking is so easy is a viable option. Trips to Melbourne make me so tired, I need to sleep for hours and hours afterwards. Not sure what that's about, I hope it's not some sort of underlying allergic reaction.

Agnes has learned how to get up on the garage roof, and then meows to come and be rescued. Really quite cute. The first few times. She has also learned that hopping into bed with her mum is kind of snuggly, especially when she positions herself half under the doona with her head on the pillow. After kneading my hair and purring loudly into my ear of course.

Have also recently discovered the wonders of Ebay. I decided to get together all of the shit I don't use anymore that still may retain some value to someone and flog it off via the interweb. HOW MUCH FUN IS IT (not a question). Although it perplexes me how someone will hand over $6 for a Sophie Ellis-Baxter CD and not a single bid is placed for Kylie's 'Fever'. Does no-one have any taste? (says the broad who hangs her head in shame at actually paying full price for these albums). I have most recently sold a new pair of trainers which didn’t cost me a dime, but also didn't fit, for $52. Unfortunately most of my new-found wealth is being returned to others in exchange for Something for Kate CD's I didn't have in my collection.

I made the BEST beef and red lentil curry last night for dinner, with pappadums. New favourite recipe.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]