Saturday, September 02, 2006

Last night I had to stay back at work until 6.30pm to do some work for a solicitor who I'm not overly fond of in any usual circumstance but when he is keeping me in the office on a bloody Friday night I dislike him even more. To recompense the time I was losing and not meeting Pom at the pub at the time we had agreed, I cracked open a bottle of champagne from the staff fridge, doled a couple of glasses out to 2 other broads still working (but driving home) and then finished the bottle myself. By the time I finished the work that was so unbelievably urgent it simply could not wait until Monday morning, I was hammered.

So I walked to the pub, plonked myself down on a barstool next to Pom, and drank some more. At a very responsible hour we exited and made our way home on foot. I was wearing the heels that I had been walking around in all day, and due to the numbing effect of champagne (bless) couldn't feel/didn't particularly care that they were hurting. We detoured to get a pizza for dinner, because quite frankly I was too maggotted to even think about cooking. More walking. More soreness.

This morning I wake up and my feet are a mess! They hurt like nothing else, and I am wearing fluffy and revolting secret slippers to cushion each footstep. This is not the arthritis mind, it's soreness of a completely different nature and which most chickys will be familiar with. The pain that comes from lots of walking on stupid shoes.

Now here's my problem - I have another function tonight which will require me to do a considerable amount of standing and probably dancing. In shoes which are less comfortable than the ones I wore to work yesterday. And yes, I must wear the less comfortable shoes because they go perfectly with this gorgeous little dress I have bought and if I have to rethink my entire outfit because of a shoe change I will quite possibly go mental.

I need some sort of emergency foot-rescue, stat.

If anyone knows a beautician who can do an exellent pedi, feel free to send them round before 6 tonight.

I'll be waiting on the couch.

Cheerio!

Comments:
kymmy i am so impressed that you posted a blog so deadly early in the morning.. sound effort.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]