Thursday, November 16, 2006

You heard it here first

So my boss is away at the moment. He and his lovely other half are slumming their way around Thailand for two weeks. Lucky buggers.

So before they left, but after I'd instructed them not to come back unless they were engaged, I compiled a list of 'Animals to Eat' while away. It's okay, they were receptive to it. I wouldn't have done it otherwise! So the list goes something like;

Pig
Chicken
Cow
Sheep
Duck

Pretty standard.

Onto;

Dog
Cat

(That broke my heart, but it had to be done)

And then;

Crickets
Scorpion
Buffalo
Goat

Which is, I think, within reason. For Thailand.

And then;

Dolphin
Eel
Dugong

Etc, etc. All the weird ones at the bottom. There's heaps of bizarre animals just to make it a challenge.

I spoke to my boss earlier in the week, he rang me to tell me that they have photographs of themselves eating crickets. Excellent. From what they can gather, the Thai like cats and dogs, but not in an eating kind of way (phew). They've ticked off about 8 animals, and he suspects they've inadvertently eaten rat. This wasn't on the list.

*vomits*

But the best thing is, he tells me they were playing pool with some English backpackers they met, and produced the 'list'. And apparently the backpackers thought the idea was marvellous and started their own.

*sits back*

*awaits world-wide phenomenon*

*checks letterbox for payment from Thailand's Tourism Board*

Comments:
I'll see you eel and raise you a witchetty grub. But never in a green curry.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]