Friday, January 05, 2007

So juvenile...

It is my boss's (boss'? boss's's's?) birthday today. His lovely girlfriend wanted to make him a seafood lunch at home as a surprise, but needed me to make sure no clients were booked in to ruin the whole thing.

So I booked him a fake client for that time, being "Phil McCraknow". Just before lunch, having not expected there be any appointments in his diary and then not being happy that there was someone coming in over his lunch hour, he went around to almost everyone in the office saying "Phil McCraknow - do you know anything about this?".

I nearly wet my pants.

It wasn't until he was told his client had arrived, and strode out into the reception area to find his girlfriend sitting there, that he realised what had happened and what he had been saying. Loudly.

It's just about made my day. I am so childish.

Comments:
Mike Rotch! Mike Rotch! Hey, has anybody seen Mike Rotch lately?
 
It was gold! Mike Rotch was one of the names suggested, the others were Haywood J'Blowmie and Anita Bangin - quality contributions, but I was so proud that I'd thought of Phil McCraknow all by myself that I had to use it.

Boss it still retelling it to anyone he speaks to.
 
I guess i must be a juvenile so-and-so, too. I laughed so hard when i read this one. :D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]