Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday musings.



The Spazz!

I'm a bit behind the times I know, but I have got myself a MySpace account.

Now what?

My 'friends' include a cat from Gippsland and a punk band from Oregon, but what is the point exactly? How long do I have to wait to be groomed by a paedophile or stalked by a spurned ex-lover? I'm just a simple girl from the country and this whole shamozzle confuses me. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Part-ay!

Am heading down to the big smoke tomorrow arvo to attend a house-warming of a friend who has broken up with her boyfriend and has moved into a swanky Southbank abode with her sister and someone else. I will only know my friend and her sister, so will have to sort of psych myself up to be in social mode and make an effort to be 'on'. With the assistance of some gin I'm fairly confident I'll be okay. My friend texted me to tell me to bring my togs as they have a pool however I'm not sure that me being in a cossie is any sort of party favour I'd want at my barbie.

Boys!

I finally feel my boy mojo is returning, after a good number of months of it retracting to the point of non-existence. I'm noticing attractive boys on the street, in the pub, outside the pub on the street… I'm not particularly interested in anything other than looking right now, but it feels nice to be aware again. This is a really weird thing to say, I know, but I have been sort of blank, or numbed if you will, for a long time now. So instead of thinking "There's a bloke. Ugggh", it's "Ooooh, doesn't that boy have lovely eyes" or whatever. I'm rambling.

Back!

After 8 days of intensive treatment with the chiro, back braces and mucho painkillers, I'm pretty much back in the clear. I don't wish to ever be immobilised on the chiropractor's table ever again from spasms or whatever it was that rendered me unable to move. Not nice. I have been ordered back to the gym to strengthen everything up again as apparently an entire summer of laying on the couch watching the cricket and eating hummous is not conducive to a healthy spine. Who would have thought?

The girls!

The animals are doing nicely, thanks for asking. Esme sat on the side of the bath last night whilst I was soaking and appeared unaware that her tail was in the water until it was too late. She does amuse me so. However, it has been previously proven that I am not difficult to amuse. Makes my life quite simple really.

Rain!

I was at a friends place on Wednesday night for crusted lamb racks and slow roasted vegetables and chocolate pudding made from scratch and we spent a good part of the evening outside under her pergola watching the storm and listening to the sweet, sweet rain pelting on the roof. There is nothing like the acrid smell of nitrogen that lightening brings and that rises up from the parched earth when rain falls for the first time in months. Fucking delightful.

Comments:
I've never really gotten myspace. I must be old, old, old.

But I do get looking at cute boys!

Enjoy the partay!
 
You can't be old, old, old if you still get looking at cute boys Meva!

I'm going to get my 16 year old sister to explain myspace to me. In return I'll teach her how to drive, or something-adult-older-sister like that.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]