Friday, March 02, 2007

Basket weaver

I quite often wear my hair in pigtails, even to work, as my firm understands that presenting an utterly professional veneer is not one of my priorities. I have noticed recently that when I wear my hair in pigtails that I quite often get a lot of people smiling at me. Up here in hicksville, it's pretty much mullet or die, so maybe they don't see pigtails very much. I thought it was sweet. Crossing the street, people in cars smile. Passing people in the street, more smiles.

It has today occurred to me that it is likely that people are not smiling because they believe my pigtails are cute and youthful, but rather because they think I'm slightly retarded.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]