Friday, March 02, 2007

Get out of town

After hearing Manfred Mann's "Blinded By The Light" again this morning on the old-fogie radio station I have programmed to wake me up, I have finally googled the lyrics. For ever and ever I have been singing along;


"Blinded by the light/
wrapped up like a douche/
la la la la la la la la/
BLINDED BY THE LIGHT..." etc.


I know its not frigging "wrapped up like a douche" because that would be wrong, even for the 70's where everything went, including but not limited to copious drug use and bouffant pubic areas. And the "la la la" part is my own fault for having a short attention span and not listening properly, traits which surfaced in grade two and have plagued me ever since.


My mad google skillz have revealed that the correct lyrics for the song are;


"Blinded by the light/
revved up like a deuce/
another runner in the night"



Which makes about as much sense as MY version, so either someone needs to tell me what a deuce is, other than the context of tennis, or I will continue to sing my own confusing and wrong rendition and wonder if Manfred Mann was trying to avoid pregnancy or whatever other crazy shit it was they tried to do in the 70's.


This reminds me of the time I found out that the Go-Go's weren't singing a song about "Alex the Seal". Devastating.

Comments:
Deuce coupe - it's a type of car.

(remember that other old song "she's my little deuce coupe, etc, etc")

So it makes perfect sense now, right? Right?
 
kymmy, i always thought it was 'wrapped up in a noose'!!! another woman in the night!
 
Wrapped up in a douchen
In the middle of the night.


But what do I know? I used to think (quite innocently when I was very young) the Beach Boys used to sing:

I'm thinking of good vibrations
She's giving me head citations.

 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]