Thursday, March 01, 2007

I had a friend over to my house for dinner last night, it was simply delightful. I cooked a beef and lentil curry which we ate with pappadums and natural yogurt, it was delicious and now the war is on. She likes cooking and is very clever at it. I like cooking and have my moments of alright-ness. We have been silently trying to outdo eachother in the yummy stakes for quite a while now, she once served a vegetable risotto which practically made me quiver in my nethers, I offered up my own 'husband-snaring risotto' which has lots of chorizo and fresh continental parsley and cherry tomatoes and is quite frankly enough to make anyone weep quiet tears of happiness. She's double-teamed amazing moussaka and spanakopita in a meal of love which confirmed my girlcrush on her and I countered with a roasted vegetable and prosciutto fettuccine that I was very proud of.

Her bloke thinks we are quite the mentalists, as we animatedly talk about food and cooking for hours without growing bored. We both get (far too) excited about being in the kitchen. It's just a thing. But now I've pretty much run out of recipes in my repertoire which will keep me in the running of our unspoken one-up-ness. I'm looking for ideas.

Over to you. Please.

Comments:
I've never met a recipe I couldn't burn.
 
Good Lord, Meva. Bread with cheese for dinner for you then? (I was going to say cheese on toast, but the suggestion of cooking the bread put me off a bit!)
 
i don't think you need to up the dinner quality, now it's all about dessert.
 
Anon, I think you might be on to something.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]