Friday, March 30, 2007

Why Why Why?

A lovely bloke asked me to dinner.

I accepted.

Set for tonight.

Now, for some stupid, stupid, stupid reason, I just texted him and took a 'raincheck'. I even used the word 'raincheck'. I'm a wanker. Who says 'raincheck' apart from K-mart catalogues?

I didn't even have a good reason to cancel, apart from a tiny little panic attack about going on a date. It's not even about him, he's lovely but ultimately not going to be the 'one' (don't look at me like that, I just know). It's about me. I just want to stay at home and eat cake and read Who magazine in the bath (maybe not eating the cake whilst in the bath).
That's right, as opposed to going to dinner with a nice bloke and engaging in interesting discussions and eat nice food that I haven't had to cook and have a nice time, I want to stay at home and do nothing.
What the fuck is wrong with me?

Comments:
Baths, cake, Who magazine...it all sounds pretty good.

I've always known how much I was into a guy by the amount of effort I would make (getting off the sofa, moving away from the TV, going out etc)...but there's no point in forcing it, eh?

Enjoy your evening. xx
 
I'm disappointed in you, kymmy. It's champagne in the bath! Cake is NOT a 'ch' word.

But he might have been nice. You might have had a nice time. I hated MapMan on sight, and look at me now! Just say 'yes' next time. If it turns out to be a mistake and a ghastly evening at least you can blog about it!
 
PG - It's not that I'm not into him, it's just that I'm not into anything. We will have our dinner, at some stage. Perhaps.....when I can be bothered to get off the couch.

Meva - Don't be disappointed - it was chocolate cake, so technically a 'ch' food. Which doesn't go far to explain the (ch)red wine and the (ch)scalloped potatoes that were also consumed.
 
In the bath?
 
Nah.

Sog/bubbles issues. But if I could have, I probably would have.
 
Come on Kymmy!
Ring back. Invite him for dinner.
You might have fun.
Lovely blokes need lovely girls like you.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]