Monday, April 16, 2007

Uggghh. Monday.

The past week has been weird. I've had a visit to the doctor, massive amounts of work-related stress, painful dental work, hangovers and that swagger you can only get from spending a lot of time in bed feeling like a gorgeous object of desire.

I haven't heard about The Job yet and despite it being 3 weeks since the closing date I'm not overly worried. Cest la vie. I wrote an absolutely kickarse application, my referees are impressive and if I don't even get an interview I am quite content in the fact that I gave it a good crack. Maybe Perth right now isn't meant to be? How much can you push things before you mess with destiny? If you don't push enough or even simply sit back and let life happen around you, is that still your fate?
It's only been three weeks. It is a government department, after all.

Comments:
When I was a mere slip of a gel, I got a temp job in a govt department. The first thing I had to do was ring applicants for a job to ask if they were still interested in coming for an interview. The job had been advertised 18 months ago.
 
Thanks Meva, that actually gives me some hope.

Or as my mate said "Don't worry, you're got to remember the time difference between Victoria and W.A., when it's 11am here it's only 1992 over there".

Bless.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]