Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Omengoodness

The other day I was lent the book "The Alchemist" by a friend who had just finished reading it and proclaimed that I could not possibly go on without discovering the Secrets Of The World And Other Such Information immediately. I trust her, so I read it. I finished it last night in fact. Without recounting the entire novel, I will just say that there is a fair focus on the concept of Omens, and a suggestion that one should perhaps take heed of little signs the Universe might send ones way. That's what happens to the main character in the novel and he ends up with shitloads of treasure AND complete personal enlightenment. Sweet.

So as I put the book down, turned off the lamp and tried to go to sleep, I told myself that I would try to take notice of little things that happen in my daily life from now on, and see whether they potentially hold more meaning than they currently do and perhaps lead me to some sweetass gold. I mean, enlightenment. At the conclusion of this little thought-session with myself, I also made the same promise that I have been making for the past month - that I would get up early in the morning and instead of sitting bleary-eyed on my couch in my dressing gown wishing I could take my coffee through an IV line as opposed to a pesky cup which requires too much effort and grimacing at Mel and Kochie until the last possible moment before I HAVE to get ready for work, I would take the dog for a walk instead.

This morning when I woke up I lay listening to the radio for a while and came to the conclusion that I would again probably not be bothered to get out of bed and walk Lucy because when it comes down to it I am really quite lazy and she has a massive backyard to run around in anyway (I am the QUEEN of procrastination justification). At 6.20am the daily horoscopes came on and I keenly tuned in because one time the star-lady said that I would "have to show them who was boss" which I believed gave me a license to pick a fight with everyone who crossed my path that day. This morning, however, I was advised to make sure I "spend some one-on-one time with a beloved family member".

Yes, I got up and walked the dog.

And it was great! The sun was coming up, the river was peaceful and Lucy had a ball sniffing and weeing and prancing about like the utter delight that she is.

I have a feeling that perhaps the Universe started me off easily by taking the interpretation of omens out of my hands and just slapping me in the face with them instead. Sort of like a remedial omen reading.

Now just waiting for the treasure.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]