Monday, August 06, 2007

So here's the deal-io.

Facebook is taking up a lot of my time. Time that should be reserved for other things. Like work. And blogging. Thank goodness I don't have the interwebs at home or I would never leave the house. As I don't have the interwebs in my home I have been doing a lot of going out "on the turps" as they say. It's getting silly. We drink, we dance, we are completely moronic, and it's heaps of fun. I have re-learned how to make sleepy eyes at boys who range from delightfully beautiful to "don't touch that with a plastic one" and more often than not they then kiss me, such is the influence of bucketfuls of vodka.

But it is all good.

I am playing my last game of netball for one team tonight, for a while at least. It is our grandfinal. Wish us luck.

I have two games left for my other team, and I will be glad to finish that as well. I need to give netball a wee rest for a bit. I need to get back into the gym. I need to swap gyms. Again.

I saw Josh Pyke play the other week - is he not the most delightful young scruff? Before the gig I was standing upstairs in the designated smoking area of the tiny venue we were at, waiting for my friend to return from her ablutions. The man himself came up the stairs and was about to head straight into the women's toilets and I directed him to the right place. Such a good citizen. He looked embarrassed and made a wincey face. I laughed. He played in front of about 60 people and it was utterly lovely.

I need to do my tax. I need to attack my garden with high-powered machinery. I need to ring my Gran.

So many things I need to do. But all I want to do is play Scrabulous.

Comments:
Soooo with you on the facebook thing, addictive and stressful in turns. Everything you ever wanted to know about ex-classmates, but you've got to actually make contact before seeing their page....

Now, the 'need to swap gyms. again.' really needs elaboration, please. Did you shower in the mens change-room by mistake? Fall off the stairmaster? What gives?
 
Nothing so sinister Miz, I swapped gyms about a year ago, which I posted about here:

http://anotherlongmonday.blogspot.com/2006/05/defector.html

(Yeah, check out my mad linking skillz)

And all of my misgivings about shininess and white teeth were proven.

Facebook - forget about classmates, how frustrating is it wanting to see ex-BOYFRIEND's profiles? No? Just stalky me?
 
Just the idea of getting sweaty amongst the beautiful people has me twitching nervously...so if you've been going there for over a year then I'm all sorts of impressed.

Also, I cannot find one single, solitary ex on facebook! What kind of freaking Ludites did I date?
 
Well I defected a year ago. I think I actually attended for a total of about 6 months, then just watched the money being debited from my account and got cross with myself.

I need to go to a gym with people like me. Trackie dacks, crazy exercise hair and sweat aplenty. And no make-up in sight.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]