Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home

A friend is moving in to my house this weekend. She is a good friend, I like hanging out with her and we do hang out a lot together in any event. However, having not lived with anyone since the Pom days, I am a teensy bit apprehensive.


I quite enjoy living by myself. Hold on, that's an understatement. I LOVE living by myself. I love coming home after work and laying on the couch in my underpants watching Deal or No Deal. I enjoy getting up early in the morning and schlepping around in my noisy slippers (which say "You" on one and "Wish" on the other, in gold letters against hot pink velvet. Mmmm, sexeh), vacuuming at odd hours, singing along heartily to whichever tunes I feel like playing and spots of sporadic dancing* when I've got my MP3 player stuck in my ears. I sometimes refuse to wash dishes until I have run out of little spoons and I pile my ironing up on a spare armchair for months on end (which can actually be a good thing because when I actually get around to doing the ironing it's like discovering I have a whole new wardrobe).


On the upside;


1. I will be saving money on rent and bills.
2. I will have someone to talk to aside from my fur-kids.
3. I will have someone to drink with whenever I feel like it.
4. She is the same shoe size as me = double available shoe selection.
5. I will have someone to wash the little spoons when I don't.






I actually think it will be quite good.





*A subjective description.

Comments:
Living alone has to be one of the hardest indulgences to part with.
 
You're right, but I think I'll have to focus on the fact that it is an indulgence.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]