Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Grand-final weekend was spent either drinking my 'good' bottles of red wine or lighting up scoobies with V and the Hippy. I still cannot believe how much we ate. There is almost nothing edible left in the house aside from dry pasta and vegemite. The hours melted away in a haze and I am left with items in the 'messages sent' folder of my phone containing such exclamations as "I am surrounded by beautiful people and animals. How good is life?" and a lounge-room that looked like Kiss camped out in it for a week.

There's an explanation for the lounge-room. V and I concocted a variation of the "Stuff On My Cat" concept. When the Hippy took a little nap on the floor we took turns in balancing various household items on his prone figure.

"Stuff On My Hippy" progressed through hairbrushes, shoes, dvd cases, tissue boxes, a chocolate biscuit on his head (which was quickly removed, and eaten), pens, crockery, cutlery, a bottle of tomato sauce and was topped off with the cats' scratching pole before he stirred. Ruiner.

Nonetheless, it was a fun game for a while. Could have lasted 20 minutes but could also have lasted a number of hours. Who is to know?

And now I'm stuck at my desk and it's twenty-something degrees outside and this makes me a little sad. I'm shuffling papers from one side to another, completely uninspired.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]