Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ramblings (34th edition)

  1. A colleague of mine has announced that she is pregnant. With twins! I am so thrilled for her and her Husband and I cannot wait until March, when she is booked in to have them whisked out*.
  2. Another lovely friend of mine is due to have her second child within a year, in February. That's right, TWO UNDER ONE. She's a barrister with a delightful house-husband so she figures she might as well keep poppin' em out** whilst she can and he can stay home and look after them while she earns the bacon. Clever girl.
  3. I think I would like a baby of my own. Not right now, obvs. But one day before, my eggs dry up.
  4. I need to find myself a Good Bloke.
  5. Yes, I know I'm only 26 and that there's no hurry.
  6. I had the most delicious Thai food last night and it made me happy. There is this new restaurant that has opened up in town and it's sort of in the industrial estate, hidden away. It opens about two nights a week and has one big table so you can only go there if you have 6 or more people and it is booked out until next year. Lord knows how we got in but it was a work thing. The owner taught us how to roll little portions of sticky rice in our hands and explained each dish to us and it really was fantastic.
  7. V's fella (The Hippy) has been spending a lot of time hanging at our house. He is cool, and Lucy has taken to him like nothing I have ever seen before. She is usually a very timid pooch (possibly the understatement of the century) and takes absolutely ages to come around to someone, if ever. She generally takes less time with short people and children because (I presume) they are smaller and therefore less threatening. And generally, men never get a look in. With the Hippy, however, she becomes very excited when he arrives and nudges him for pats and cuddles all the time. It's exciting! He is very patient with her and gives her lots of time, which she just soaks up.
  8. I have not returned to the gym yet. I haven't been put off by soreness but rather that I am lazy and have also been occupied doing other things (see No.6).
  9. I am enjoying living with someone else much more than I expected. We are having a lot of fun and not getting in eachother's face too much. This is a far cry from the last time I lived with someone and I would lock myself in the bathroom and have long baths to try and have a moment of my own time. But then again, V & I are not in a relationship so it's quite different.
  10. That's ten.













*I use this term clearly having no experience and very limited knowledge of childbirth either naturally or by Caesarean Section.
** See *


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]