Monday, January 14, 2008

I realise that I have failed to provide an adequate update as to my date escapades prior to Christmas. By my omission you will most likely have (correctly) assumed that I am not currently in the throes of new love, but you don't know the reasons why.

And, quite frankly, either do I.

The story (in bullet points) is;

  • The First Date went really well. We had drinks, dinner and more drinks. I behaved myself, we got along well. He is quite shy. Conversation was easy, and unusually stimulating. He suggested teaching me how to play golf. I agreed that this would be a good idea.
  • Realising that it was quite close to Christmas and golf is only viable on a weekend when the weather is under 35 degrees, together with advice from various peeps that I should do such things as "gently prod" (Pomgirl) and "Get amongst it" (my friend Si), we had our second date a week later.
  • We met for drinks first, then went to see a film. He was more relaxed, as was I. Afterwards he walked me to my car which was rather gentlemanly, and he went in for THE PASH. It was just like the movies, and very cute. We both agreed that we wouldn't catch up again prior to Christmas as it was too busy a time however he said he would organise the golf thing. Sweet.
  • Christmas day I sent him a "Merry Christmas" text message. He replied in a similar manner.
  • Nada.
  • Nada.
  • Kymmy gets cross.
  • Nada.
  • Kymmy gets a wee bit livid.
  • Nada
  • Facebook message from him last week saying, 'Hey, long time no hear from. How was your festive season?" Turns out he is in Melbourne for a month working for his brother or some such thing. I replied in a succinct but friendly manner.
  • Nada.

WTF?

I don't understand what the story is and at this point in time I've sort of lost the desire to know.

All I ask is where have manners gone?

Onwards and upwards etc (but he was very nice).


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]