Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The non-smoking is going reasonably well. I am no longer counting how many hours it has been; the integers have stretched into days. This is positive. It has been 10 days today. This is by far the furthest I have ever gotten to without randomly bursting into tears or wanting to cause harm to others with a strategically placed fork, before relapsing back into the comforting familiarity of a packet of Malboro Lights each day. There was, however, a semi-planned relapse on the weekend when the issue of getting on the sauce was raised by my housemates on Saturday. I wanted to go out with them, and I wanted to drink, but I was reasonably sure that once I had consumed a few champies that I would probably want to smoke. The semi-plan was that I would not panic if I did smoke. And I did smoke a couple during the night. Sunday I was back off them, and have been back off them until now.


Thus far, the positives of the past ten days have been -



Not so grate, akshully;

  • I have been coughing up the most vile shit you can imagine ever coming from your own body. Not to gross you out, but it's brown. And I mean brown. For goodness sake.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]