Monday, June 23, 2008

I feel decidedly revolting right now. Not as in only just today (although today it seems to be magnified, being a Monday and all) but I have just been feeling grotty in general, for weeks now. I know why it is too, and I know how to fix it but I just can't get out of this funk in order to do so. I need to stop drinking so much. I need to get back to the gym or regular walking or something and I need to pull my finger out of my arse and start eating properly. It has been over a month since I gave up eating meat, and about three weeks since I have prepared a balanced meal. I have been relying on Turkish rolls filled with mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes and grilled eggplant and baby spinach and cheese, when I know that wheat products make me feel bloated and awful. I have been eating chocolate again, in bed, at night, which then of course fucks up my sleep and the cycle continues. Even my bedroom is more of a frothing mess than usual, and this fuels the discordance from when I rise (late, always late) and have to run around and try to find clean clothes, which don't require ironing. Usually the latter requirement is struck off when it appears that I shall be late to work again. My skin feels gross and itchy. My legs are scaly from where I can't be bothered to moisturise them. My hair seems to switch overnight between being wiry and out of control to being oily and lank. I am back drinking coffee and not eating breakfast. I have puffy eyes which don't recede until past 10am. I am fucking grumpy, even though my period started on the weekend so the crazy hormone show should be over.


I am flying to Adelaide this weekend for 3 days and nights of getting retarded in a city which I don't live in. I'm going there with a friend who will be a terrible (read: awesome) influence on me. It is in attempt to have a little holiday after the car-crash which was my birthday escape (which I realise I have not blogged about. I may at some stage, but in summary - it was terrible).


Once I return from that it will be time to have a bit of a life-detox.

Comments:
I'm sorry that your birthday wasn't what you hoped for. Sucks, but it happens. Enjoy your trip and I hope you feel better soon!
 
I'm in the same boat as you. Haven't been working out, been partying too much, eating crap. Winter blues or fatty-self-inflicted bollocks. Hope you feel back to best soon.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]