Friday, July 18, 2008


Last weekend I was supposed to go and see this personal trainer to have a fitness assessment and find out exactly how fat and unfit I have become since I got my winter lazy on. The day before I received a phone-call postponing the appointment because of a "scheduling conflict" and to my surprise, I was actually disappointed. Usual disappointments for me include; realising I have no sweeties in the house when I am stoned, the quality of television on Thursday nights, and men (generally), but certainly the prospect of not having my arse handed to me on a sweaty platter by someone I am paying an exorbitant amount to would not usually have me feeling let down. So you know, there's something to ponder. Weird.

In any event I am now booked in to go and see her/him (there's a boy personal trainer and a girl personal trainer and I am not sure which one I am seeing or would prefer to see) tomorrow morning. After my appointment I hope to be motivated, pumped up and inspired, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing on repeat in my brain. In reality I am expecting that I will come away wondering how I let myself go so badly.


Because I am easily distracted, this reminds me of the time a friend of mine went to a new gym and they did all her measurements etc, including her body fat percentage. She was (and is again) a big girl, but she was distraught when her body fat levels came in at 52%. FIFTY TWO PERCENT. She said "Kymmy, I'm more fat than I am me". We laughed then and I still laugh now, but for the love of God I hope that doesn't happen to me tomorrow.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]