Monday, October 20, 2008

Well hello there, remember me? I do hope so. Just thought I'd pop by and say g'day and let you know I'm still around. I know that last time I was here I had a little tanty about being sad and being in a not-so-awesome headspace but things are mostly better now. Plus, a couple of weekends ago I re-read through some of my archives and remembered how much I enjoy writing.

I would like to think it is a co-incidence but my elevated mood has, I think, something to do with getting back on the exercise bandwagon. I have been Body-pumping and treadmill-running my way to soreness almost every single day and am loving it. This behaviour is now an identifiable pattern - going to the gym, eating well = happy Kymmy times. Then something comes along to knock me out of the routine and I start eating crappily, drinking heavily, smoking too much pot, not getting my sweat on and ultimately I end up feeling like shit. But right now I have a gym buddy and have devised an actual time-table for our activities. See?



Gym-buddy's name has been covered-up to protect the innocent. It's so cool, even in the last week - which is the sum total of time spent on our campaign so far, my body is already changing. Whereas I was starting to feel like and resemble Boneless Peter, I can now feel my muscles starting to pull in, my posture changing. The only bad thing is my belly, which is a squishy mess at the moment. I do hope this starts to come good because at the moment, it. is. gross.


My bestest friend and housemate departed for the fair city of Adelaide a couple of weeks ago. She landed her dream job over there and took her chance to get out of this bloody town and relocated. I miss her terribly. On the upside, her asshole cat has gone too and on another upside, my house is really very tidy and continues to stay that way after I clean it. However, I really do miss her company and how well we knew eachother. It feels like a little part of me is missing. Obviously, given the technology of the present day we are constantly in contact and this is making it easier. Plus I am heading over there next month and she is coming back in December and I will be over there again at the end of January for....


The Big Day Out!
Now this is exciting. I am ashamed to admit that I have never been to a BDO before despite desperately wanting to. I am aware that the line up for BDO '09 isn't the greatest but I am still excited and it's going to be something I can cross off my 'Things to do before I'm 30' list. I am very much looking forward to seeing Birds of Tokyo again (I caught their show at the Hi-Fi last month and it was fucking awesome) and the Grates and The Ting Tings and Pendulum and Cut Copy and the Prodigy just for shits and giggles. Not so sure what to expect in terms of being in the sun for an entire day and dealing with an enormous crowd etc etc.


I think that generally brings us up to date. There is a boy in my life too, but I'm not entirely sure I want to blog about him. It is a reasonably precarious and confusing and exciting situation, as it has been for the past three months, and I don't know how to articulate it here, or if I even want to. I'm just going to keep that one to myself for the moment, I think.


It's good to be back.
x

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]