Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dear Radelaide,

I know that you and I have a fairly short history - not even twelve months have passed since I first visited. But I have returned to you four more times since then, you are my extended weekend away of choice, we always have so much fun when I visit. Your offerings of bushland and beaches within a reasonable drive from one another, your (mostly) super-friendly citizens, your cbd - friendly to the directionally challenged like me, you know I thought it was just the beginning of something beautiful. Am I rushing you, Radelaide? Are you feeling pressured that I want to take the next step? I know it's a bit of a leap, but I feel ready, I feel this is right. It's right, isn't it?

So how about you come good on the job side of things? The interview I took on Monday was really positive, the feedback I got was all awesome, it was just that tiny little thing about the no knowledge of state-based procedure that the HR lady couldn't get past the 2 practitioners concerned. The HR lady loved me, Radelaide, she wanted me and wants me to know that the door isn't closed as far as me and that firm are concerned. I hope the door isn't shut between me and you.

There's just not a lot more on offer at the moment. Oh I know, I could apply for a more intermediary position and piss it in but I don't want to be financially restricted and not be able to enjoy yours fruits to the fullest. And what fruits they are...remember Friday night, Radelaide? Remember those pills and all those lovely people you introduced me to and me kissing that superbly extra-extra-tall man and dancing like a demon with my new friend and my existing friends until the sun came up? I'm glad you remember, because, truthfully, I am a little hazy. All I know is that it was wonderful.

And I want more. Much, much more.

I'm scared too, Radelaide. I'm scared of it just being me and you and sporadic interaction with the three people I know there, and being lonely. But, really, it would still be much better than here, where I am now. Do you know that the highlight of my weekends at the moment is Iron Chef on Saturday nights? Sad. Not the way for a lass clinging to the last few moments (okay, years) of her twenties to be living her life. No siree.

I know we could make it work, Radelaide. I just know it. I'm ready.

Kymmy
xxxxxxxxxxx



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]