Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm back to being able to listen to 'Fans' again. I think it was the end-of-weekend blues that I get. Or, more specifically, the have-to-go-back-to-work-tomorrow blues. It happens.

It's my 7-year workiversary today. I've made it. Now I can resign when I choose and know that that pro-rata long service leave payment is in the bag. Sweeeeet.

It's all good.

You know when you need to yawn and stretch at the same time and there's nothing that can stop that high-pitched 'yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' coming out as well? That just happened to me while I was in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil for my coffee. Just to keep you updated, you know. There's something very lovely about that 'yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'.

I saw my mum and one of my sisters on Good Friday. My sister, who is 18, very randomly tried to pluck a stray hair from my eyebrow with her fingernails, without warning. After batting her hand away with a 'WTF are you doing, you weirdo?!' she said 'It's sticking right out!', as if that is explanation enough for what I momentarily thought was going to be an unprovoked eye gouge. I conceded that my personal maintenance was askew, declaring 'I'm just so unkempt right now'. I then went to point out to my mum that along with my crazy eyebrows, I had myriad grey hair coming through. I put my hands up to my head and went to part my hair to show her exactly where they were, when she said she had already noticed. ALREADY NOTICED HER 27 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER'S GREY HAIR. WITHOUT ME SHOWING HER. I am having my hair done tonight. I had my waxing done yesterday. Even though I am lucky (according to my friend who is Italian) to have quite fine, light hair in most of the places I don't want it, the difference an eyebrow wax makes to ones' mood is astonishing.

I realise how shit that makes me sound. Nevermind.

Comments:
I don't think it makes you sound shit :-) Eyebrow waxing makes and amazing different to my mood too.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]