Monday, April 13, 2009

It's funny how the impact of a song can change according to ones' mood. I was listening to some Band of Horses earlier, and thinking how horrible it would be if you accidentally put their cd on in the midst of a break-up low. On the other hand, if you were happy and hopeful, the same music would be uplifting and inspiring. See: Jeff Buckley.

Kings of Leon's 'Fans' just came on before. Usually this song makes me happy in my heart and pants, but tonight it only added to my anxious state. I think it's something to do with the momentum of the track, how it rushes and rolls and quickens with the heavy strumming. I love the song but tonight it almost broke my heart. I don't know what's wrong with me. The same things that I usually love about that song tonight made me almost burst into tears.

In exactly one week's time I will have had a job interview. I don't want to put too much emphasis on it but the market is very slow right now, so if I don't come through with the goods then the relocation may be set back awhile. And I don't want that to happen. I've mentally checked out of here, moved on, moved away. Started anew.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]